Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Flower Garden

In May, the sight and fragrance of peonies fill the air of the walkway to my front porch. Although the joy is brief, we look forward every year to the blooming of the peonies.

All of the peony blooms pictured here are from bushes which have been in my family for at least a half century.

The white blooms are our favorites because they are the largest and the most fragrant:






Some of the blooms are smaller and of a different type. The following picture is slightly out of focus, but gives an idea as to what the pink blooms look like:



This year, we had fewer and smaller blooms. I must remember to feed and water the peony bushes this fall.

2 comments:

The Merry Widow said...

Beautiful, I like camellias too, we had one out in CA. Pink, loved it, but it got left behind.

tmw

Always On Watch said...

I've never had a camelia.